Principal Data Architect Consultant – Data & Analytics – Minneapolis
AIM Consultants help our clients strategize, design, build and operate data and analytical platforms through our high-performance teams of data engineers, architects, data scientists and analytical leaders. We shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like by driving processes for extracting and using data in a creative way while creating new lines of thinking with our clients under diverse situations.
Day-to-day, you will:
Provide Data Architecture Solutions: Solve client data problems by qualifying strategic data requirements, outlining high level integrated designs to meet these requirements and align with enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
- Set data architecture principles, create models of data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture, create diagrams showing key data entities and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
- Engagement Management: Ensure acceptance of proposed technical solutions from top management levels at the client, manage engagement delivery content and quality assurance, perform risk assessment and lead project planning from end-to-end
- Thought Leadership: Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry leading conferences, performing TED Talks, hosting meet-ups and collaborating brain-storming sessions for open-source projects
- Practice Development: Play a critical role in building the Data and Analytics practice within the Minneapolis industry by way of;
- Practice Building – Assist in the overall growth of the practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery production and thought leadership
- Bench and Individual Development – Be a natural mentor to all Practice Consultants promoting an environment of continuous professional development
- Business Development – Lead Practice Business Development activities working with recruiters, Practice Directors and AIM Consultant’s Leadership team
- Build teams and guide consultants through all phases of delivery including: requirements elicitation, solution architecture, and driving an effective development team
- Successfully manage a portfolio of projects through delegation
- Deliver projects to contractual expectations with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Apply knowledge of data modeling, advanced mathematics, machine learning and statistics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, and present business questions
- Use exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets to produce innovative solutions for clients
- Elicit clear and actionable client business requirements and develop innovative, compelling solution strategies to meet those requirements
- Create and present proposals and establish Statements of Work for Client engagements
You have been a skilled leader in the Data and Analytics industry with a strong background in consulting with an entrepreneurial spirit. You likely have experience with a variety of architectures, patterns, and methodologies focused on Analytics Strategy, Data Governance & Master Data Management, Data Architecture(s), Distributed Systems, ETL, Big Data, IoT, Data Visualization and Analytics. You should be passionate about research, prototyping and staying current on emerging technologies through continued education and significant community participation. You should value interacting and communicating with Enterprise clients, mentoring other consultants and acting as a thought leader within Data and Analytics.
Your knowledge and skillset likely included the following:
- 10+ years of experience in data architecture, data warehousing including non-relational and relational databases (e.g., SQL, MySQL, Hadoop, MongoDB), big data (Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, HDFS, Hive, PIG, Impala)
- 10+ years of development experience (SQL, Python, R, Java, C#, Spring, REST/SOAP, Hibernate, etc.) with an understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns
- 7+ years of success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- Enterprise experience with emerging cloud platforms and development patterns (AWS, Azure, Google, etc.)
- Experience with building stream processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming and messaging services such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Experience with analytics and visualization platforms such as Tableau, PowerBI, Domo, Looker, etc.)
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume
- Familiarity with some or all of the following disciplines: Machine Learning, Software Engineering, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling
- Knowledge of real time/stream analytics solutions for Enterprises
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and growing cloud consumption share in large or highly strategic accounts
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.