We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to being an industry leader in technology consulting services.
We lead by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by enabling access to training, encouraging personal development, and by providing mentorship.
All our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed. We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high-quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting.
In addition to an annual salary, all of our full-time positions at AIM Consulting include the following: Lucrative Bonus Potential with YoY growth, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (spousal and dependent coverage), 401k with company matching, paid certifications, disability insurance, commuter benefits, paid time off and sick days, paid maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
We are looking for an experienced Consulting Leader to assist us in building out our Data & Analytics Practice in Minneapolis. AIM focuses on architecting modern, trustworthy data platforms to deliver actionable insights using business intelligence, machine learning, and data science.
Our goal is to turn insights into action through modernization of our clients’ data architectures. Data has exploded with the advent of cloud, big data technologies, the internet of things, and an increasing appetite for advanced business insights. But not all data is created equal! We help companies strategize, design, build, and operationalize data and analytics platforms through our high-performing solutions and teams of data engineers, architects, data scientists, and analysts.
We need a hands-on leader who has significant experience building enterprise-class cloud-based (AWS, GCP, Azure, and Snowflake) big data and machine learning architectures and loves mentoring and partnering with organizations to extract value out of their data assets. This role will primarily focus on Minneapolis but may include work remotely in any of AIM’s offices throughout the United States. It will require someone willing to travel within Minneapolis and surrounding Twin Cities area.
With the many changes and growth occurring in Data & Analytics are you getting exposure to various methodologies, architectures, platforms, and tools? Do you enjoy talking with clients from different industries? Are you excited to build a team of folks in your community that can help customers in their same community? AIM may be your dream job!
Roles and Responsibilities
- Defining Strategy – Create plans annually and refine quarterly. Plans will include technology and services, financials, and growth targets.
- Thought Leadership – Maintain an asset library of content (articles, reference architectures, case studies, presentations, etc.) that is vital to our Practices’ success. Work with other thought leaders to create content to fill gaps. Continue to update content to make sure it’s relevant.
- Mentorship and Guidance – Hire and grow your people. Help them achieve career objectives and find new ways to support the business. Sharing industry-standard best practices, or modern architectural improvements.
- Technology Education – Create programs to continue to educate our teams. Focus on areas of poor performance or new technology. Make investments in hands-on workshops and certifications.
- Sales Support – Creating compelling and differentiating proposals. To do so, requires multiple hands-on discovery sessions with both AIM and client resources. Gathering all of the requirements is critical to creating dynamic proposals that resonate with potential clients.
- Statements of Work – Work is done based off contracts that have been mutually agreed upon. You will be working with others to create these contracts, based on client conversations and discovery sessions. Knowing what’s in and out of scope, as well as the expectations of milestones and release schedules is required.
- Project Estimation – Being able to estimate work items, create a product roadmap, define an adequate team composition, and estimate costs.
- Continuous Improvement – You should be focused on continually learning and increasing your value both individually and collectively. Using retrospectives to help you understand where you have room to grow and capitalizing on it.
- Community Development – Organizing and leading discussions and events within the organization. Creating workshops, sharing projects, collaborating on process improvements.
- Interviewing – Making sure we select the right people to make AIM successful is huge. We need our senior people to help us weed out those that aren’t right for AIM, and make sure we don’t miss out on those that will make us even better.
- Execution – You will be deeply involved in the execution of the engagements that you work with clients to define. This may include being immersed in developing a platform strategy, leading a team of data engineers and scientists rolling out a new platform, or helping a company centralize their data on Azure, AWS, Snowflake, or GCP.
You are an achievement-oriented data and analytics leader who strongly desires continued growth and leadership opportunities. You have excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem-solving, and decision-making skills with a proven track record of client engagement satisfaction. You are driven to deliver excellent products and have a consistently high level of customer service.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- Consulting Experience: 10+ years of experience as a consultant or consulting leader involved in the relationship development, solution selling, proposal development, contract negotiation, onboarding, and delivery of client work.
- Managerial Experience: 5+ years of experience managing people including: hiring, mentoring, and retaining data engineers, analysts, and scientists.
- Project Leadership: Minimum 5+ years of experience leading projects that have big data/analytics/data science components using modern approaches on Cloud Based (AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake) data platforms.
- Technical Community Presence: Must have built a local network of relationships within the Minneapolis market.
- Communication: Highly effective communication skills with client-facing and executive-level management.
- Knowledge Sharing: Experience developing presentations and delivering them to large audiences on topics related to artificial intelligence, machine learning, data architecture and big data.
- Calm in the Storm: Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing responsibilities – while delivering quality outcomes to respective client organizations and teams.
Technical Skills – Must Haves:
- 10+ years of development experience in data strategy, data architecture & engineering patterns, data science & machine learning methodologies. Our leaders are deep practitioners and hands-on.
- 5+ years of enterprise experience with cloud platforms and development patterns (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, GCP, Cloudera)
- 5+ years of experience working with big data technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Azure Data Lake)
- Experience building data pipelines and utilizing ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, Talend, SAP Data Services)
- Experience with business intelligence and data visualization tools (Power BI, Tableau, Spotfire)
Technical Skills – Nice to Haves:
- Experience with data governance frameworks (DAMA, DCAM)
- Experience with master data management platforms and architecting data domains (Informatica, Profisee, TIBCO EBX)
- Familiarity with the following disciplines: machine learning, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, bayes theorem
- Familiarity with analytics platforms (Azure ML, TensorFlow, Pega, IBM Watson)
- The salary range for this position is $180,000-$220,000 annually
We are a diverse group of individuals. No two people, ideologies, or thoughts are the same. Our different experiences and perspectives are our strengths. We are passionate about seeing each other succeed and live & breathe our company values; we choose positivity, we take ownership, we are relationship-driven, we build trust, and we are self-aware. We work hard to come through for our clients, and also for one another. We are many unique people, with the same common goal in mind – to connect, inspire and empower our customers by leveraging an amazing workforce to help solve business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations. Simply put, we are more than a company; we are our client’s trusted advisors.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.