Senior Consultant – Java Application Development – Minneapolis
Our approach to application development is team-centric and holistic, from architecture and design, to building high-quality, automated, cloud-enabled custom applications, and helping clients modernize their software development processes and methodologies along the way. We have a highly flexible engagement model allowing clients to engage our software development experts via project-based solutions, managed services, individual contributors, or distributed development team(s).
Day-to-day, you will
- Develop high performance software using scalable Java applications
- Create and review Java application design and architecture and participate in java code review
- Troubleshoot, debug, and analyze Java application code and infrastructure
- Define software development standards and guidelines and lead project delivery teamsSpot, assess and report on delivery risks
- Assist in Engagement pre-sales activities creating project proposals, estimating project deliverables, resources and timelines and help build a team of top-performing SDE’s
- Create and share ideas on improving technology and processes. Produce periodic technology insights by writing blog posts, case studies, and/or white papers
You have been a skilled leader in the Java Application Development arena with extensive software development consulting experience. You likely have experience with different architectures, patterns, technologies, frameworks and methodologies in a variety of startup, mid-market and enterprise environments. You should be passionate about developing software using Java applications, prototyping, and staying current on emerging software development technologies through continued education and community participation. You should value interacting and communicating with enterprise clients, mentoring other consultants, and acting as a thought leader within Java Application Development.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- 3+ years of enterprise Java software development experience including some design, test, patterns, diagrams and architecture
- 3+ years of experience with JVM languages such as Java, Clojure, Scala and Groovy
- 3+ years of experience with JVM service frameworks such as Spring Boot
- Cloud architecture and development experience (Azure, AWS, GCS, etc.)
- Experience with Reactive libraries such as RxJava, Ratpack, Reactor, Akka and Vert.x
- Experience with Messaging technologies such as Kafka, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ and Amazon SQS
- Experience with relational database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle and Postgres
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Cassandra, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and MongoDB
- Experience with microservice logging, metrics and monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Post-Graduate Degree preferred
About AIM Consulting
AIM Consulting, an Addison Group company, is a rapidly growing leader in technology consulting services and solution delivery that helps companies compete effectively in the digital world.