Director – Data & Analytics
AIM Consulting is seeking a director to help foster growth of a robust portfolio of clients in the Seattle office. This individual must be a big data and data science influencer who is passionate about data solutions and managing a consulting practice of high-performing technologists. This director must enjoy working with enterprise accounts using world-class communication, expert technical skills, and a positive attitude. This person should also have a proven track record of leading by example, being a mentor, and having an uncanny ability to create and sustain long-term professional relationships.
This director will be responsible for growing and evolving our Data & Analytics practice and play a chief role in defining and evangelizing our data engineering, data science and analytics capabilities to our customers and consultants who have a local and national presence.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for:
- Practice Development/Management: Responsible for entire AIM Consulting Data and Analytics practice;
- Practice Building: Manage and create strategic growth plans of the practice through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery production and thought leadership
- Bench and Individual Development: Be a natural mentor to all Practice Consultants, promoting an environment of continuous professional development
- Business Development: Lead Practice Business Development activities, working with recruiters, practice directors and AIM Consultant’s leadership team
- Thought Leadership: Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry-leading conferences, performing TED Talks, hosting meet-ups and collaborating brain-storming sessions
- Guide Data and Analytics consultants through all phases of delivery including: requirements elicitation, solution architecture, and driving an effective development team
- Deliver projects to contractual expectations with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Use an analytical approach to the design, development, and evaluation of predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Use exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets to produce innovative solutions for clients
- Create and present proposals and establish Statements of Work for client engagements
You are a skilled leader in the Data and Analytics industry, with a strong background in consulting and an entrepreneurial spirit. You likely have experience with a variety of architectures, patterns, and methodologies focused on Analytics Strategy, Data Governance & Master Data Management, Data Architecture(s), Big Data & Internet of Things, and Data Visualization and Analytics. You should be passionate about research, prototyping and staying current on emerging technologies through continued education and significant community participation. You should value interacting and communicating with Enterprise clients, mentoring other consultants and acting as a thought leader within the Data and Analytics industry.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- Practice Development: Minimum 3 years of experience developing a Data and Analytics Practice at a Consultancy with Enterprise accounts
- Consulting Experience: 10+ years of experience as a consultant in Analytics, Data Architecture & Engineering, Business Intelligence, Solution & Enterprise Architecture and Systems Integration
- Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of development experience in Data Strategy, Data Architecture & Engineering Patterns, Data Science & ML Methodologies, and Analytics/BI Program Management (SQL, Python, R, Java, C#)
- 7+ years of experience working with emerging Data & Analytics technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Azure Data Lake, etc.)
- Enterprise experience with emerging cloud platforms and development patterns (AWS, Azure, MapReduce, etc.)
- Experience with analytics platforms (Tableau, Microsoft, Domo, IBM, etc.)
- Familiarity with some or all of the following disciplines: Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Bayes Theorem
- Base understanding of architecture frameworks (TOGAF, DAMA, etc.)
- Project Portfolio: Minimum 10+ years of experience owning projects that are Big Data/Analytics/Data Science using modern approaches on Data Platforms
- Technical Community Presence: Must have built a local network of technical clients engaging in a sales lifecycle (Opportunity Qualification -> Proposal -> Closing -> Onboarding)
- Professional Mentor: Experience mentoring technical consultants and/or managing a team of 10+ individuals within past 2 years
- Knowledge Sharing: Experience developing presentations and delivering them to large audiences on topics related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Architecture and/or Big Data
- Experience architecting / managing solutions with PCI / HIPPA requirements
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.