We are REAL people inspired by each other. Community, passion for technology, and hunger for knowledge bring us together and drive our team forward.
When we say we are customer-centric and built on relationships, we mean it.
AIM Consulting is an award-winning industry leader in technology consulting and solutions delivery. AIM’s differentiation is our collaborative engagement model that provides cross-functional results. We work with clients, shoulder to shoulder, for one goal – their success. Founded in 2006, with offices in Seattle, Minneapolis, Denver, Houston, and Chicago, we are ranked among the fastest-growing private companies and best companies to work for due to a long track record of success with our partners and consultants.
AIM connects, inspires, and empowers our customers by leveraging our world-class team of consultants to help solve their critical business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations.
Our Motto: Teamwork. Attitude. Discipline.
Our Technology Evangelist will help ensure effective management of and continued growth of AIM’s technical community as we mature and scale. This is a highly collaborative role that will require working closely with many different people across the company. Along with a passion for people and technology, leveraging the skills, knowledge, and experience of people throughout the organization will be a critical success factor.
Consultant Development: Responsible for the mentoring, training, and career growth of AIM Solutions Consultants. This includes technical, leadership, and consulting skills. Cultivate a vibrant and challenging developer culture.
Technology Leadership: Responsible for ensuring that AIM stays abreast of current and emerging technology trends to identify new opportunities. Work across disciplines to evaluate and provide solid technology recommendations to our clients, leadership, Sales, and delivery teams.
Engineering Practices: Responsible for the curation, evaluation, adoption, and continuing evolution of the engineering practices that will improve the ability of all AIM Solutions teams to deliver quality technical solutions that provide continuing value to our clients.
Maximizing Utilization: Responsible for understanding the Sales pipeline, Practice offerings, the Consultant roll-off schedule, education goals, Consultant capabilities and passions, and aligning them all to ensure optimal workforce management. Establish education plans in collaboration with Career Managers to make sure Consultants have the skills they need to be broadly marketable.
- Strengthen and promote a healthy developer culture – Focusing on communication, collaboration, and community. This includes: onboarding, skill composition, morale monitoring and associated communication. The key metric is retention.
- Engineering optimization – Continuous improvement of AIM development practices and maturity.
- Strategic Delivery – Occasionally lead strategic client engagements.
- Govern utilization – Working with Consulting leaders and the Sales team to get Consultants redeployed. Aligning resources awaiting deployment to internal initiatives and educational plans. Managing efforts and reporting status while Consultants are on the bench.
- Responsible for recruiting goals – Ensuring clear messaging around open headcount and revising AIM messaging to attract candidates.
- Individual growth goals – Ensure employees have comprehensive growth goals in place and that Career Managers are helping them to achieve them.
Activity Facilitation / Ownership:
- Develop first-class programs for mentoring and leadership training as well as technical education/knowledge sharing.
- Build and maintain Consulting Services skills inventory.
- Help refine Consultant (Consulting Services and Contract) on-boarding program.
- Help define the vision for AIM Engineering.
- Internal and external developer evangelism for AIM.
- Internal advocate, evangelist, and coach for engineering best practices.
- Promote communication and collaboration through regular events (brown bags, workshops, events, etc.).
- Coordinate the curating of engineering knowledge and training base.
- Coordinate semi-annual internal hackathons.
- Form and oversee Technology Advisory Board.
- Provide technological support to Marketing and Sales through technical writing and proposals.
- Create and maintain external facing, developer focused engineering blog.
- Work closely with Delivery Leadership team to continuously measure and improve the integration of our agile process practices with best engineering practices for a holistic solution.
- Coordinate / assist with internal development projects and external client projects.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.