We are REAL people inspired by each other. Community, passion for technology, and hunger for knowledge bring us together and drive our team forward.
When we say we are customer-centric and built on relationships, we mean it.
Our Minneapolis team is seeking a Lead Data Engineer to join our Data & Analytics practices. Our Consultants help our clients strategize, design, build and operate data and analytical platforms through our high-performance teams of data engineers, architects, data scientists and analytical leaders. We shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like by driving processes for extracting and using data in a creative way while creating new lines of thinking with our clients under diverse situations.
We are looking for a skilled leader in the Data and Analytics industry with a strong background in consulting with an entrepreneurial spirit. You likely have experience with a variety of architectures, patterns, and methodologies focused on Analytics Strategy, Data Governance & Master Data Management, Data Architecture(s), Distributed Systems, ETL, Big Data, IoT, Data Visualization and Analytics. You should be passionate about research, prototyping and staying current on emerging technologies through continued education and significant community participation. You should value interacting and communicating with Enterprise clients, mentoring other consultants and acting as a thought leader within Data and Analytics.
What the day-to-day will look like:
Provide Data Architecture Solutions: Solve client data problems by qualifying strategic data requirements, outlining high level integrated designs to meet these requirements and align with enterprise strategy and related business architecture.
- Set data architecture principles, create models of data that enable the implementation of the intended business architecture, create diagrams showing key data entities and create an inventory of the data needed to implement the architecture vision.
Engagement Leadership: Ensure effective project communication at top management levels at the client, manage engagement delivery content and quality assurance, perform risk assessment and lead project planning from end-to-end
Thought Leadership: Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry leading conferences, performing TED Talks, hosting meet-ups and collaborating brain-storming sessions for open-source projects
Practice Development: Play a critical role in building the Data and Analytics practice within the industry by way of:
- Practice Building: Assist in the overall growth of the practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery production and thought leadership
- Bench and Individual Development: Be a natural mentor to all Practice Consultants promoting an environment of continuous professional development
- Business Development: Support Business Development activities working with Principals, Practice Directors and AIM Consultant’s Leadership team
Awesome things you will do:
- Lead project delivery team(s) and guide consultants through all phases of delivery including: requirements elicitation, solution architecture, and driving an effective development team
- Successfully delivery best practice development and delivery of projects individually and delegated
- Deliver projects to contractual expectations with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Use a business minded, technical approach to design, develop and evaluate data architectures, transformations and modern DataOps processes that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Apply knowledge of modern data engineering practices, from cloud architectures to streaming technologies to DataOps.
- Use data mining and exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets to produce innovative solutions that support advanced analytics capabilities
- Elicit clear and actionable client business requirements and develop innovative, compelling solution strategies to meet those requirements
- Create and present proposals and establish Statements of Work for Client engagements
What will make you stand out:
- Experience in data architecture, data warehousing including non-relational and relational databases (e.g., SQL, MySQL, Hadoop, MongoDB), big data (Hadoop, MapReduce, Cloudera, HDFS, Hive, PIG, Impala)
- Development experience (SQL, Python, R, Java, C#, Spring, REST/SOAP, Hibernate, etc.) with an understanding of big data use-cases and Hadoop-based design patterns
- Success in consultative/complex technical sales and deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects)
- Enterprise experience with emerging cloud platforms and development patterns (AWS, Azure, Google, Snowflake etc.)
- Experience with promoting and supporting analytical solutions to production with Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, etc with development operations processes like DataOps, CICD, DevOps, etc.
- Experience with building stream processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming and messaging services such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.
- Experience with analytics and visualization platforms such as Tableau, PowerBI, Domo, Looker, etc.)
What it is like to work for AIM: We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to become the industry leader in technology consulting services by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by providing training, personal development, and mentorship. All of our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed. We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.