We are REAL people inspired by each other. Community, passion for technology, and hunger for knowledge bring us together and drive our team forward.
When we say we are customer-centric and built on relationships, we mean it.
AIM Consultants help our clients strategize, design, build and operate data and analytical platforms through our high-performance teams of data engineers, architects, data scientists and analytical leaders. We shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like by driving processes for extracting and using data in a creative way while creating new lines of thinking with our clients under diverse situations.
AIM Consulting is seeking a Director to help foster the growth of a robust portfolio of Clients in the Seattle Office. This individual must be a Big Data and Data Science Influencer who is passionate about data solutions and managing a consulting practice of high-performing technologists. This Director must enjoy working with Enterprise accounts using your world-class communication, expert technical aptitude and continuously display an attitude that chooses positivity. This person would also have a proven track record of leading by example, being a natural mentor to those around you, and have the expert ability to create and sustain long-termed professional relationships.
This Director will be responsible for growing and evolving our Data & Analytics practice and play a chief role in defining and evangelizing our data engineering, data science, and analytics capabilities to our customers and consultants who have a statewide and national presence.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Practice Development/Management: Responsible for entire AIM Consulting Data and Analytics practice;
- Practice Building – Manage and create strategic growth plans of the practice through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery production, and thought leadership
- Bench and Individual Development – Be a natural mentor to all Practice Consultant promoting an environment of continuous professional development
- Business Development – Lead Practice Business Development activities working with recruiters, practice directors, and AIM Consultant’s leadership team
- Thought Leadership: Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry-leading conferences, performing TED Talks, hosting meet-ups, and collaborating brain-storming sessions
- Guide Data and Analytics consultants through all phases of delivery including: requirements elicitation, solution architecture, and driving an effective development team
- Deliver projects to contractual expectations with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Use exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets to produce innovative solutions for clients
- Create and present proposals and establish Statements of Work for Client engagements
You have been an expertly skilled leader in the Data and Analytics industry with a strong background in consulting with an entrepreneurial spirit. You likely have experience with a variety of architectures, patterns, and methodologies focused on Analytics Strategy, Data Governance & Master Data Management, Data Architecture(s), Big Data & Internet of Things, and Data Visualization and Analytics. You should be passionate about research, prototyping and staying current on emerging technologies through continued education and significant community participation. You should value interacting and communicating with Enterprise clients, mentoring other consultants and acting as a thought leader within the Data and Analytics industry.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- Practice Development – Minimum 3 years of experience developing a Data and Analytics Practice at a Consultancy with Enterprise accounts
- Consulting Experience – 10+ years of experience as a consultant in Analytics, Data Architecture & Engineering, Business Intelligence, Solution & Enterprise Architecture, and Systems Integration
- Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of development experience in Data Strategy, Data Architecture & Engineering Patterns, Data Science & ML Methodologies, and Analytics/BI Program Management (SQL, Python, R, Java, C#)
- 7+ years of experience working with emerging Data & Analytics technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Azure Data Lake, etc.)
- Enterprise experience with emerging cloud platforms and development patterns (AWS, Azure, MapReduce, etc.)
- Experience with analytics platforms (Tableau, Microsoft, Domo, IBM, etc.)
- Familiarity with some or all of the following disciplines: Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Bayes Theorem
- Base understanding of architecture frameworks (TOGAF, DAMA, etc.)
- Project Portfolio – Minimum 10+ years of experience owning projects that are Big Data/Analytics/Data Science using modern approaches on Data Platforms
- Technical Community Presence – Must have built a local network of technical clients engaging in a sales lifecycle (Opportunity Qualification -> Proposal -> Closing -> Onboarding)
- Professional Mentor – Experience mentoring technical consultants and/or managing a team of 10+ individuals within the past 2 years
- Knowledge Sharing – Experience developing presentations and delivering them to large audiences on topics related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Architecture, and/or Big Data
- Experience architecting / managing solutions with PCI / HIPPA requirements
What it is like to work for AIM: We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to being an industry leader in technology consulting services. We lead by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by enabling access to training, encouraging personal development, and by providing mentorship. All of our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed. We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting.
We are a diverse group of individuals: no two people, ideologies, or thoughts are the same. Our different experiences and perspectives are our strengths. We are passionate about seeing each other succeed and live & breathe our company values; we choose positivity, we take ownership, we are relationship-driven, we build trust, and we are self-aware. We work hard to come through for our clients, and also for one another. We are many unique people, with the same common goal in mind – to connect, inspire and empower our customers by leveraging an amazing workforce to help solve business challenges, drive innovation and produce results that exceed expectations. Simply put, we are more than a company; we are our client’s trusted advisors.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.