Technology News Roundup: January 2019

Coworkers standing near a wall

Curious about the latest technology news? We have you covered in AIM Consulting’s tech news roundup! In this issue we have some great stories on emerging IT trends, the most in-demand technology jobs and skills, and more!

Top 4 enterprise tech trends to watch in 2019 | Computer World

This article takes a look at what 2019 has in store for enterprise technology. A recent poll found that privacy and security are the top issues for 2019, followed by AI, cloud computing, and blockchain. Moreover, recent advances in cloud computing and blockchain are expected to help organizations better protect their data in 2019. Experts are also predicting new data protection laws and changes to HIPPA due to GDPR. Some other trends include cloud computing reaching near-universal adoption. This is reinforced by a study from IDG Communications in August 2018, where 90% of companies stated that they expect to have some part of their infrastructure or applications on the cloud by 2019. The remaining 10% expect to be at that level of adoption by 2021.

The 13 most in-demand tech jobs for 2019 – and how to hire for them | CIO Magazine

This is a great piece that provides an overview of the technology job market, with an emphasis on the most in-demand jobs, according to Robert Half Technology’s 2019 IT salary report. Some of the top roles include business intelligence analyst, cloud architect, data scientist, DevOps engineer, and developer (web, software, mobile). Also included in this piece is a breakdown of salaries and required experience for each role.

The Hottest Skills in Tech Job Searches | Indeed Hiring Lab recently analyzed the fastest-growing search terms used by technology job seekers. The top terms were Kubernetes, Magento, Verilog, and Golang. Meanwhile, familiar names like React, Node.js, C, Azure, PHP, and Blockchain rounded out the top 20. Indeed also highlighted skills that stagnated over the past year, including Spark (-47%), Hadoop (-64%), Ruby (-23%), and Tableau (-15%).

Are you interested in implementing cloud, AI, or other technology solutions at your company? Tell us about your challenge.