Case Study: Cloud & Operations
A leading provider of 4G wireless broadband services was using cloud-based IT Service Management (ITSM) from ServiceNow for their internal IT network of engineering and operation teams.
ServiceNow provided the client with a Network Trouble Management (NTM) system that automated project management for system enhancements and upgrades. It also managed incidents by proactively detecting faults in the network, creating tickets, and dispatching field operators.
The client wanted to expand ServiceNow’s ITSM solution externally for use by their clients across the country and required an expert ServiceNow technology consultant for the implementation. However, cloud-based ITSM is relatively new and expertise in ServiceNow is specific and distinctive. In addition, due to a new partnership in managed services announced in the spring, the client would be transferring day-to-day management of their 4G network to another company and required their ServiceNow NTM system to integrate with the partner company’s system by the end of the year.
The client turned to AIM Consulting for the right expertise to meet the company’s goals. AIM Consulting provided the client with a dynamic Principal ServiceNow Consultant who worked with the client’s teams of architects in three phases to complete ServiceNow expansion and integration over the course of a year.
- September to December – Phase 1: AIM’s consultant implemented change management, enhanced incident management, and expanded dispatch capability on the client’s current ServiceNow NTM system.
- May – Phase 2: AIM’s consultant built in functionality for the property management teams who needed the NTM system to track lease agreements and invoices for each site with a cellular tower.
- July to September – Final Phase: Following the transfer of network operations to the partner company, AIM helped integrate ServiceNow NTM with the partner’s tech management system, enabling the client’s technicians to be dispatched from the partner in full compliance with their agreement.
In all phases, AIM helped implement ServiceNow by:
- Thoroughly understanding the client’s business needs and processes
- Effectively leveraging ServiceNow’s functional and technical capabilities.
The integration with the partner company was completed in roughly half the time estimated by other consulting organizations. The work needed to be completed before the end of the year but was completed in only 10 weeks—three months early.
In addition, because of their expertise with ServiceNow, AIM was able to provide recommendations for future system enhancements to further reduce manual labor and streamline processes as well as the resources to execute.