Principal Consultant – Cloud and DevOps
At AIM Consulting, our Cloud & DevOps practice partners with clients to improve the value of IT. We help clients right-size their investment in cloud, and modernize the infrastructure that serves as the foundation for their technology and application deployment process. We further help development and IT operations teams come together to achieve true DevOps transformation. AIM Cloud consultants deliver proof-of-concept projects, topical workshops and lead implementation and migration projects. Our engagements focus on key customer solutions such as web applications, enterprise applications, HPC, batch processing, big data, archiving and disaster recovery.
The Principal DevOps and Cloud Consultant is responsible for engagement execution focusing on excellent client relationships, delivery oversight, and thought leadership. The Principal Consultant will also create strategic direction, deliver cloud and DevOps solutions, provide career development/mentorship, and support sales efforts and client contract negotiations.
Day-to-day, you will be responsible for:
- Engagement Management: Ensure acceptance of proposed technical solutions from top management levels at the client, manage engagement delivery team members, content, deliverables, and quality assurance, as well as perform risk assessment and lead end-to-end project planning
- Business Development: Create compelling client proposals by performing thorough discovery sessions for identified opportunities to increase AIM Consulting’s service lines
- Client Engagement: Manage C-Level client stakeholder relationships to expand AIM Consulting’s client portfolio
- Thought Leadership: Write blog posts and white papers around key industry trends. Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry leading conferences, performing technical talks, hosting meet-ups, and collaborating brain-storming sessions for open-source projects
- Practice Development: Play a critical role in building the Cloud and DevOps Practice within the Seattle Industry by way of;
- Practice Building – Assist in the overall growth of the practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery production and thought leadership
- Bench and Individual Development – Be a natural mentor to all Practice Consultants, promoting an environment of continuous professional development
- Business Development – Lead Practice Business Development activities working with recruiters, Practice Directors and AIM Consultant’s Leadership team
You are an achievement-oriented cloud architecture leader with a strong desire for continued Practice growth and team development. You have excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills with a proven track record of client engagement satisfaction. You are driven to deliver excellent products and have a consistent high level of customer service.
- 10+ years of enterprise consulting experience as a SME in cloud architecture engagements involving architectures, patterns, AWS and Azure technologies, frameworks and methodologies in a variety of environments
- 8+ years of experience in infrastructure, database and networking architecture for highly available, internet-scale applications
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing as a Consultant with distributed applications
- Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands-on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage and virtualization experience
- Must enjoy educating customers and participating in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment
- High level of comfort communicating effectively across internal and external organizations
- Strong written communication skills
- Passionate about scalable cloud-based solutions and microservices architectures
- Communication skills including experience presenting to all levels of stakeholders (CTOs, Enterprise Architects, IT Management and developers)
- Significant current and past successes of technical consulting and architecture engagement with large-scale customers or enterprises
- Past experience managing data center operations, including data assurance, monitoring, alerting and notifications
- Must have proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies
- Integration experience of AWS or Azure cloud services with on premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP, etc.
- Strong experience with infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting using Shell, Python, Ruby and PowerShell
- High level of experience with configuration management using CloudFormation, TerraForm, Chef and Puppet
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services (EC2, ELB, RDS, Route53 & S3) and/or at least one AWS associate level certification
- Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
- Familiarity with common enterprise services (Directory Services, Information Assurance, Virtual Desktop) and products (Cisco, F5, Oracle, SAP) and frameworks (ITIL, Zachman, TOGAF)
- BA/BS degree in technical field (Computer Science or Engineering) or equivalent experience