Principal Consultant – Application Development
Our approach to application development is team-centric and holistic, from architecture and design, to building high-quality, automated, cloud-enabled custom applications, and helping clients modernize their software development processes and methodologies along the way. We have a highly flexible engagement model allowing clients to engage our experts in project-based solutions, through our managed services, as individual contributors or via distributed development team(s).
The Principal Consultant in our Application Development Practice is responsible for large engagement execution focusing on excellent client relationships, delivery oversight and demonstrated thought leadership. The Principal Consultant will also create strategic direction, deliver application solutions, provide career development mentorship, support sales efforts and lead client contract negotiation.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Engagement Management: Ensure acceptance of proposed technical solutions from top management levels at the client, manage engagement delivery content and quality assurance, perform risk assessment and lead project planning from end-to-end
- Business Development: Create compelling client proposals by performing thorough discovery sessions for identified opportunities for increasing AIM Consulting’s service lines
- Client Engagement: Manage C-Level client stakeholder relationships expanding AIM Consulting’s client portfolio in the Seattle area
- Thought Leadership: Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry leading conferences, performing TED Talks, hosting meet-ups, and collaborating brain-storming sessions for open-source projects
- Practice Development: Play a critical role in building the Application Development Practice within the Seattle Industry by way of:
- Practice Building – Assist in the overall growth of the practice area through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery production and thought leadership
- Bench and Individual Development – Be a natural mentor to all Practice Consultants promoting an environment of continuous professional development
- Business Development – Lead Practice Business Development activities working with recruiters, Practice Directors and AIM Consultant’s Leadership team
You are an achievement-oriented software development leader with a strong desire for continued Practice growth and team development. You have excellent negotiation, conflict management, problem solving and decision-making skills with a proven track record of client engagement satisfaction. You are driven to delivering excellent products and have a consistent high level of customer service.
- 10+ years of enterprise consulting experience as a SME in Application Development engagements involving architectures, patterns, technologies, frameworks and methodologies in a variety of environments
- Passionate about software development in multiple languages such as: Java/J2EE (Spring, Spring MVC, etc.) or .NET (C#, ASP.NET MVC, WCF, etc.)
- .NET, Java, C++, Python, Ruby, etc. helping build prototypes and be curious about code reviews
- Estimate application development and integrate engagements using proven methodologies while being excited about driving pre-sales solutions to the customers
- 3+ years as a consultant owning delivery of projects for enterprise customers using an agile methodology
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure and services (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 including Sass and/or Less
- Experience building out continuous integration environments
Why AIM Consulting?
AIM Consulting, an Addison Group company, is an award-winning industry leader in technology consulting and solutions delivery. We solve critical business challenges for our clients, helping them delight customers, empower employees and drive innovation forward. Founded in 2006 with offices in Seattle, Minneapolis, Houston, and Denver, we are ranked among the fastest growing private companies and the best companies to work for with a long track record of success with clients of all shapes, sizes and industries across the US.
Note: AIM Consulting employs a local delivery model and does not provide visa sponsorship.