Lead Consultant – Java Application Development
Our approach to application development is team-centric and holistic from architecture and design to building high-quality, automated, cloud-enabled custom applications, helping clients modernize their software development processes and methodologies along the way. We have a highly flexible engagement model allowing clients to engage our software development experts in project-based solutions, through our managed services, as individual contributors or via distributed development team(s).
Day-to-day, you will
- Develop high performance software using scalable Java applications
- Create and review Java application design and architecture and participate in java code review
- Troubleshoot, debug, and analyze Java application code and infrastructure
- Define software development standards and guidelines and lead project delivery teams
- Spot, assess and report on delivery risks
- Assist in Engagement pre-sales activities creating project proposals, estimating project deliverables, resources and timelines and help build a team of top-performing SDE’s
- Create and share ideas on improving technology and processes. Produce periodic technology insights by writing blog posts, case studies, and/or white papers
You have been a skilled leader in the Java Application Development arena with extensive software development consulting experience. You likely have experience with a variety of architectures, patterns, technologies, frameworks (AngularJS, Backbone.js) and methodologies in a variety of startup, mid-market and enterprise environments. You should be passionate about developing software using Java applications, prototyping and staying current on emerging software development technologies through continued education and community participation. You should value interacting and communicating with Enterprise clients, mentoring other consultants and acting as a thought leader within Java Application Development.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- 8+ years of enterprise Java software development experience
- Experience with software design, patterns, diagrams and architecture
- Proven expertise building enterprise Java applications and good knowledge of Java ecosystem
- Strong experience creating RESTful Web Services
- Cloud architecture and development experience (Azure, AWS, GCS, etc.)
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (Jenkins, Bamboo, Maven, Gradle, etc.)
- Previous experience consulting on Java-based software
- Previous experience managing/leading software development teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. Post-Graduate Degree preferred
Why AIM Consulting?
AIM Consulting, an Addison Group company, is an award-winning industry leader in technology consulting and solutions delivery. We solve critical business challenges for our clients, helping them delight customers, empower employees and drive innovation forward. Founded in 2006 with offices in Seattle, Minneapolis, Houston, and Denver, we are ranked among the fastest growing private companies and the best companies to work for with a long track record of success with clients of all shapes, sizes and industries across the US.
Note: AIM Consulting employs a local delivery model and does not provide visa sponsorship.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.