We are seeking experienced Data Scientists to join our Data and Analytics team. This is a great opportunity for results-oriented, entrepreneurial individuals who have a great record of accomplishment for delivering business results. As a data scientist on our team, you will help to build models that will inform the way our clients run their businesses. You will help them go from big data to production with state of the art prediction models. You will help the business visualize data and draw out insights and interact with engineering and product management teams to implement your models. Join us today, and become a leader of this highly motivated, cooperative, and fun-loving team!
- Manipulating data and helping develop methodologies to model and predict business outcomes
- Prototyping, developing, and refining data-driven product metrics and features
- Helping to govern and manage the enormous and complex pipeline of data that the client uses in their product and decision-making.
- Helping to develop the skills of the broader data and analytics team as data-savvy leaders who ask great questions and make informed decisions
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL)
- Ability to work with large semi-structured datasets (Hadoop, Spark)
- Fluency in a modeling language such as R, Python scientific computing libraries, or Matlab.
- Experience in NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB) and Relational database (e.g., Oracle, SQLServer or PostgreSQL)
- MS in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Applied Economics or in another highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in data mining, machine learning, and/or quantitative analysis
- Ability to distill problem definitions, models and constraints from informal business requirements, and to deal with ambiguity and competing objectives
- A natural curiosity and desire to learn
- PhD in Computer Science, Machine Learning, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Applied Economics or in another highly quantitative field
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in predictive modeling and analysis
- Expertise at working with very large, disparate data sets, including charting and visualizations
- Strong communication and data presentation skills
Why AIM Consulting?
Founded in 2006, AIM Consulting is a rapidly growing, nationally recognized leader in technology solutions and services. With offices in Denver, Minneapolis and Seattle, AIM Consulting has the people, processes, and tools to provide companies with strategic guidance on business-critical initiatives and deliver end-to-end solutions. AIM meets the highest standard of excellence in technology, for better value than other consulting companies, because we are 100% focused on forging long-term relationships with deeply-experienced consultants and building high-performance, service-oriented teams that produce results.
Our approach is straightforward and focused on you and your long-term career growth. We want to understand who you are, what your strengths are and what you are looking to do. Because of the strength of the relationships we have with local companies and leaders, we can present you with career-changing projects. If we don’t have a project that is right for you at first, we continue to keep in touch, even if it’s just to check in and see how things are going. Our objective is to help you build a career that is going to excite your passion for technology, compensate you appropriately, and seriously enrich your life.
Reasons to join the AIM Consulting team
- Work on the most interesting projects
- Accelerate your career growth and experience
- Build insight into company cultures
- Get ongoing career support and commitment
- Enjoy competitive compensation and benefits packages
Note: AIM Consulting employs a local delivery model and does not provide visa sponsorship.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.