We are REAL people inspired by each other. Community, passion for technology, and hunger for knowledge bring us together and drive our team forward.
When we say we are customer-centric and built on relationships, we mean it.
AIM Consulting is looking for an experienced Consulting Leader to assist us in building out our Data & Analytics Practice in Denver. AIM focuses on Architecting modern, trustworthy data platforms to deliver actionable insights using business intelligence, machine learning, and data science.
Our goal is to turn insights into action through modernization of our client’s data architectures. Data has exploded with the advent of cloud, bid data technologies, the internet of things, and an increasing appetite for advanced business insights. But not all data is created equal! We help companies strategize, design, build and operationalize data and analytics platforms through our high-performing solutions and teams of data engineers, architects, data scientists, and analysts.
We need a hand’s on leader who has significant experience building enterprise class cloud based (AWS, GCP, Azure, or Snowflake) Big Data and Machine Learning architectures and loves mentoring and partnering with people organizations to extract value out of their data assets. This role will primarily focus on Denver, but may include work remotely in any of AIM’s offices or throughout the United States. It will require someone willing to travel throughout the Denver and surrounding metropolitan areas (Golden, Boulder, etc.)
With the rapid changes and growth occurring in the Data & Analytic are you getting exposure to a variety of methodologies, architectures, platforms, and tools? Do you enjoy talking with clients from all different industries? Are you excited to build a team of folks in the community you live that can help customers in the same community? AIM may be your dream job!
Day-to-day, you will:
- Build strong relationships and Network in your local communities through Meetups, Professional Organizations, and other sources to build AIM’s Brand and Identify Opportunities / Offerings important to local industries.
- Work with AIM Account Executives and client stakeholders to identify opportunities to leverage client data to drive business solutions, pitch solutions on how AIM can deliver on these opportunities, and negotiate the terms of a contract.
- Be deeply involved in the execution of the engagements that you work with clients to define. This may include being immersed in developing a platform strategy, leading a team of data engineers and scientists rolling out a new platform, or helping a company centralize their data on Azure, AWS, Snowflake, or GCP.
- Share the insights from you and your teams experience through Executive Briefings, our internal portals, and our website / social media outlets. We want to help you build your brand!
- Develop a team of local experts in your space. Work to recruit, hire, onboard, retain, and provide career leadership for other passionate people.
You have strong problem-solving skills with an emphasis on product development, experience working with and creating data architectures and have excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams. You exhibit a passion to master new technologies and modern architecture techniques.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- Consulting Experience: 5+ years of experience as a consultant or consulting leader involved in the relationship development, solution selling, proposal development, contract negotiation, onboarding, and delivery of client work.
- Managerial Experience: 3+ years of experience managing people including: recruiting, onboarding, mentoring, and retaining data engineers, analysts, and scientists
- Project Leadership: Minimum 3+ years of experience leading projects that have Big Data/Analytics/Data Science components using modern approaches on Cloud Based (AWS, Azure, GCP, Snowflake) Data Platforms
- Technical Community Presence – Must have built a local network of relationships within the Denver Market
- Knowledge Sharing – Experience developing presentations and delivering them to large audiences on topics related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Architecture and/or Big Data
Technical Skills – Must Haves:
- 5+ years of recent development experience in Data Strategy, Data Architecture & Engineering Patterns, Data Science & ML Methodologies, and/ or Analytics/BI Program Management (SQL, Python, R, Java, C#). Our leaders are deep practitioners and hands on.
- 3+ years of enterprise experience with emerging cloud platforms and development patterns (AWS, Azure, Snowflake, GCP, Cloudera)
- 3+ years of experience working with emerging Data & Analytics technologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Azure Data Lake)
- Experience building data pipelines and utilizing ETL tools (SSIS, Informatica, Talend, SAP Data Services)
- Experience with BI and data visualization tools (PowerBI, Tableau, Spotfire)
Technical Skills – Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Data Governance frameworks (DAMA, DCAM)
- Experience with Master Data Management platforms and architecting data domains (Informatica, Profisee, TIBCO EBX)
- Familiarity with some or all of the following disciplines: Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Predictive Modeling, Bayes Theorem
- Familiarity with analytics platforms (Azure ML, TensorFlow, Pega, IBM Watson)