We are REAL people inspired by each other. Community, passion for technology, and hunger for knowledge bring us together and drive our team forward.
When we say we are customer-centric and built on relationships, we mean it.
At AIM Consulting, our Delivery Leadership Practice is a world-class team of experts who lead engagements across industries and care deeply about the long-term success of our client’s technology-related solutions and processes.
We are rooted in technology, people and processes – our goal is to bring leadership, organization, and strong communication to all engagements in order to forge strong client relationships, help mature our clients’ organizations, and lead the delivery efforts of our cross-functional teams.
The Principal Consultant is responsible for large scale and multi-faceted project execution with a focus on excellent client relationships, delivery oversight and demonstrated thought leadership. The Principal Consultant will also help set strategic direction, deliver solutions, support sales efforts and contribute to recruiting/team management, account management and operational practice development.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage one to many complex projects that support different lines of business for our Clients
- Apply Project Management Methodologies to all projects specific to business needs
- Monitor all KPI’s and deliverables for existing projects while working closely with all client stakeholders
- Utilize industry best practices to lead project teams and stakeholders to accomplish commitments on time and on budget
- Serve as executive sponsor on projects led by other members of the Delivery Leadership practice
- Guide and develop individual team members contributing to client engagements
- Work directly with clients to manage expectations, serve as an escalation point, and drive projects to successful completion
- Provide expertise and thought leadership for clients that informs complex decision making, shapes their thinking, and brings them in line with industry best practice
- Partner with AIM’s sales team and consulting leaders to identify consulting delivery opportunities
- Craft and develop proposals, discussion documents, and statements of work that turn consulting opportunities into consulting wins
- Prepare templates, client reference videos, case studies for future client development and test new value propositions
- Monitor and drive the client pipeline by coordinating the discussions between consultants and clients
- Build community between AIM’s consultants on billing and our clients to share AIM’s expertise and develop bonds between consultants that drives a positive consultant experience
- Hire, manage and develop world class consultants to have highly enjoyable and rewarding consulting experiences with AIM
- Optimize resource utilization by managing consultant assignments and bench time
- Maintain a network of highly skilled delivery leaders who can be hired and deployed to lead AIM projects
- Contribute to practice offering development and maturation by bringing industry best practices, new industry insights, and understanding client demand
- Build offering collateral that demonstrates AIM’s expertise in the delivery leadership field and that can be used by AIM’s sales team to market the practice and can be used by AIM’s consultant to deliver results
- Write though leadership articles and blogs about delivery leadership topics
- Build and deliver presentations to AIM consultants and client personnel/leadership
- Create and speak at create external community speaking engagements
You are passionate about driving the delivery of a client engagement while identifying additional opportunities to offer AIM Consulting Services. You are excited to be the driving force that collaborates with AIM Consulting’s portfolio of clients ensuring world class solutions are being delivered that are highly scalable, secure and flexible. You take charge, are viewed as a leader among any team you work with, and consistently deliver exceptional results and great ideas.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- 10 years of experience in management consulting with prior experience working with Enterprise Accounts
- Experience leading and developing a team of individual contributors
- Very strong relationship management skills
- Consistently delivering exceptional results and great ideas
- Expert analytical skills
- Executive oral and communication skills to present complex value propositions to client executives and create compelling written documents
- Bachelor’s Degree or MBA