We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to being an industry leader in technology consulting services.
We lead by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by enabling access to training, encouraging personal development, and providing mentorship.
All our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed. We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high-quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting.
In addition to an annual salary, all of our full-time positions at AIM Consulting include the following: Lucrative Bonus Potential with YoY growth, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (spousal and dependent coverage), 401k with company matching, paid certifications, disability insurance, commuter benefits, paid time off and sick days, paid maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
About the Role
AIM Consulting Group is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Principal Cloud Transformation Consultant to join our dynamic team. As a Principal Cloud Transformation Consultant, you will be responsible for guiding our clients through the complex process of transitioning their IT infrastructure and services to the cloud.
Your expertise in Service architecture, ITSM (IT Service Management), SRE (Site Reliability Engineering), and DevOps will be vital in ensuring successful cloud adoption and transformation for our clients. This is a senior-level position that requires strong leadership, technical proficiency, and exceptional problem-solving abilities.
If you’re excited about the opportunity to help grow a Cloud and Operations consulting business, support sales, and directly engage clients and their executives to execute on projects this is the role for you!
We are looking for someone who thrives in building effective partnerships, works closely with AIM’s internal and external stakeholders, and can define the roadmap for client success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic guidance and consultation to clients in their cloud transformation journey, understanding their business objectives, technical requirements, and organizational constraints across the complete consulting lifecycle.
- Assess existing IT infrastructure and services, identify opportunities for cloud adoption, and develop comprehensive cloud migration strategies and roadmaps.
- Collaborate with clients and internal stakeholders to design and architect cloud-based solutions, ensuring scalability, security, reliability, and performance.
- Lead and oversee the implementation of cloud transformation projects, including the migration of applications, databases, and infrastructure components to the cloud platform.
- Drive best practices for service architecture, ITSM, SRE, and DevOps methodologies, promoting a culture of continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Conduct assessments and audits to identify gaps, bottlenecks, and areas for optimization in clients’ cloud environments, recommending and implementing solutions accordingly.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers, operations, and security teams, to ensure smooth integration of cloud services into existing workflows and processes.
- Stay updated with the latest trends, technologies, and industry best practices related to cloud computing, service architecture, ITSM, SRE, and DevOps, and share knowledge within the organization.
- Support and drive development of consulting offerings, thought leadership, methodologies and processes.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior consultants, fostering their professional growth and development.
- Own the delivery success of consulting engagements that you are responsible for.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Extensive experience (8+ years) in consulting roles, specifically in cloud transformation, service architecture, ITSM, SRE, and DevOps.
- Strong consulting experience – experience as a Big4, Global SI or Enterprise level consultant or consulting leader is strongly desired.
- Strong expertise in cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud, with hands-on experience in architecting, deploying, and managing cloud services.
- Solid understanding of the considerations and challenges of operating and transitioning legacy / on-premises systems to cloud services.
- Proficiency in IT Service Management frameworks and practices (e.g., ITIL), with experience in designing and implementing ITSM processes and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of SRE principles, practices, and tools, with a focus on improving service reliability, performance, and scalability.
- Strong background in DevOps methodologies, including CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure automation, configuration management, and containerization (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills, with the ability to assess complex technical challenges and propose effective solutions.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to articulate technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven leadership abilities, with experience in leading teams and driving successful project outcomes.
- Working knowledge of consulting operations – SOW generation, maintaining delivery economics, identifying staffing needs and growing capabilities.
- Relevant certifications in cloud computing (e.g., AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Azure Solutions Architect, Google Cloud Certified – Professional Cloud Architect).
- Experience with cloud cost optimization strategies and tools.
- Familiarity with IT security principles and practices in cloud environments.
- Previous experience in a client-facing or consulting role, working with diverse industries and organizational sizes.
- Experience in assessing and/or deploying leading Service Monitoring/ AI tools
- Experience in assessing and/or deploying leading operational tooling (ITSM, ITAM, Portfolio) – Depth in ServiceNow is a plus
- The salary range for this position is $160,000-$190,000 annually
We are a diverse group of individuals. No two people, ideologies, or thoughts are the same. Our different experiences and perspectives are our strengths. We are passionate about seeing each other succeed and live & breathe our company values; we choose positivity, we take ownership, we are relationship-driven, we build trust, and we are self-aware. We work hard to come through for our clients, and also for one another. We are many unique people, with the same common goal in mind – to connect, inspire and empower our customers by leveraging an amazing workforce to help solve business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations. Simply put, we are more than a company; we are our client’s trusted advisors.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.