At AIM Consulting, we do what we say we will do, work hard to build trust, and show respect in our colleague and client partnerships. Our community is passionate about technology, hungry for knowledge, and centered around teams. We believe in creating value for our clients by partnering with them to achieve their strategic objectives with teams that best fit their needs.
Our Application Development team consists of experienced technologists who approach software engineering pragmatically. We build trust by doing the right thing and providing superb customer service. We create high-quality, cloud-first custom applications, we help clients modernize their existing systems, and we mature our clients’ quality engineering processes/tools and development methodologies.
Principal Consultants are responsible for building a practice and expanding consulting services in Application Development, for growing our teams, and for improving our internal processes. They ensure the successful delivery of solutions through engagement management responsibilities; they play a pivotal role in sales efforts by working with clients, estimating projects, presenting our approach, and driving contract negotiation; they build a followership as thought leaders by creating technical content and marketing content; and they grow our teams by hiring, by mentoring teammates, and by providing career advocacy. Principal Consultants are responsible for building a practice and expanding our consulting services in Application Development space by driving various critical aspects of our business: ensuring the successful solution delivery through engagement management responsibilities, sales efforts by attending client meetings, estimating projects, presenting our approach, and driving contract negotiation, creating technical and marketing content via thought leadership efforts, assisting with organizational growth by establishing/maturing internal processes, etc. Principal consultants also play a role in our AIM community through career advocacy, hiring and by helping us grow our teams and community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Sales related activities such as attending client meetings, creating project proposals, estimating project deliverables and writing contracts
- Hire and grow leaders both for project work and for the purposes of growing our FTE team, and you will help them successfully deliver on our commitments, achieve career objectives, and find new ways to support the business
- Drive development of high-performance cloud-first software solutions
- You will have an opportunity to organize and lead discussions and events; you will create workshops, develop seed projects, and collaborate on process improvements
- You will share your perspectives on implementing modern solutions and processes and will periodically share technology insights by writing thought leadership content (e.g., blog posts, case studies)
- 12+ years of custom software development / application architecture / enterprise architecture, and/or systems integration
- 5+ years of experience in solution consulting or a similar customer facing role
- 3+ years of experience developing cloud systems (AWS or Azure)
- Knowledgeable about modern software architectures (e.g., microservices, serverless)
- You have proven success delivering using multiple agile methods (e.g., Scrum, Kanban)
- You have prior team leadership, management, or consulting leadership experience
- You have highly effective communication skills with client-facing and executive level management
What it is like to work for AIM
We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to being an industry leader in technology consulting services. We lead by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by enabling access to training, encouraging personal development, and by providing mentorship. All our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed. We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting.
We are a diverse group of individuals. No two people, ideologies, or thoughts are the same. Our different experiences and perspectives are our strengths. We are passionate about seeing each other succeed and live & breathe our company values; we choose positivity, we take ownership, we are relationship driven, we build trust, and we are self-aware. We work hard to come through for our clients, and also for one another. We are many unique people, with the same common goal in mind – to connect, inspire and empower our customers by leveraging an amazing workforce to help solve business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations. Simply put, we are more than a company; we are our client’s trusted advisors.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.