We are REAL people inspired by each other. Community, passion for technology, and hunger for knowledge bring us together and drive our team forward.
When we say we are customer-centric and built on relationships, we mean it.
Are you a charismatic, people centric, and experienced Consulting Leader who is passionate about building teams and thrives in environments where you have the ability to create the future ahead? Then AIM Consulting is looking for you! The existing AIM team is made up of explorers of knowledge, innovators through action, and engineers focused on people above all else. We are all passionate about helping companies launch their most ambitious initiatives and looking for a leader that will pave the road for continued growth, and assist us in building our Central Region offices as we expand our Application Development, Delivery Leadership, Digital Experience, Data & Analytics, and Cloud & Operations practices.
This role will focus initially on our offices in Minneapolis and Chicago but will grow as expansion opportunities present themselves over the years. Our Minneapolis office is in high growth mode with multiple enterprise client relationships in place, while our Chicago office is brand new and just getting established in the market with a few key relationships in place. We are open to people living in either city for this role, but please assume some consistent amount of travel between the two locations once it is safe to do so.
Success in this role will require a hand’s on leader who has significant experience building consulting teams and organizations and is passionate about innovative, technology-centric, client solutions. You would be managing experienced Directors & Principals (and their teams) in each of our practices and helping them achieve their growth and career objectives. AIM’s client base primarily encompasses enterprise organizations, so proven experience developing a strong brand within and navigating large organizations politics, expectations, procurement, and other intricacies will be critical.
This role will partner with AIM’s Central Regional back office, sales, marketing, and recruiting organizations for success.
Day-to-day, you will focus on:
- Sales: Expand AIM’s relationships with key organizations in each market. Work with your Consulting Leaders and partner with AIM Account Executives to identify strategic opportunities within organizations, drive discovery conversations, pitch solutions on how AIM can deliver on these opportunities, and negotiate the terms of contracts.
- Delivery: Establish a high bar with consulting leaders on delivery expectations and be ready to play a role directly in ensuring AIM’s successful delivery on all our commitments. Ensure consistent and constant maturity in delivery best practices.
- Thought Leadership: Ensure AIM develops an effective brand as innovators through market relevant offerings and sharing targeted AIM experiences and insights. Build relationships in the local community to share these insights and experiences.
- Organizational Culture: Develop a team of local experts in each of AIM’s core focus areas. Work to recruit, hire, onboard, retain, and provide career leadership for other passionate people. Ensure the culture that you build adheres to AIM’s core values: Choose Positivity, Take Ownership, Relationship Driven, Built Trust, Self-Awareness
- Financial: Ensure the financial health of your organization through managing re-deployment, chargeability, margin, and ensure appropriate activities given current pipeline and forecast
You are an experienced consulting leader with a background in growing organizations, building innovative enterprise class solutions, and mentoring. You have proven experience in defining and delivering high quality client solutions.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- Consulting Leadership Experience: 5+ years of experience as a consulting leader growing a consulting organizations revenue through ownership and evolution of all aspects of relationship development, solution selling, proposal development, contract negotiation, onboarding, and delivery of client work.
- Managerial Experience: 10+ years of experience managing people, including: recruiting, onboarding, mentoring, and retaining engineers, data scientists, analysts, delivery leaders, and others.
- Sales / Revenue Generation: Proven ability to sell and grow business within a consulting organization. P&L management and influence experience.
- Broad Technology Depth: Clear understanding of the value proposition, high level architecture / technical understanding, and delivery intricacies for AIM’s core practice offerings.
- Community Presence: Must have built a local network of relationships within the central region at clients and within the consulting community. Passionate about maintaining this network.
- Executive Presence: Experience delivering clear communications / presentations to executive audiences and real-life experience in managing conflicts, negotiating contracts, and providing clear messages to team members.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.