We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to being an industry leader in technology consulting services.
We lead by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by enabling access to training, encouraging personal development, and by providing mentorship.
All our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed. We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high-quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting.
In addition to an annual salary, all of our full-time positions at AIM Consulting include the following: Lucrative Bonus Potential with YoY growth, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (spousal and dependent coverage), 401k with company matching, paid certifications, disability insurance, commuter benefits, paid time off and sick days, paid maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
About the Role
AIM Consulting is looking for an experienced Consulting Leader to assist us in building our Central Region offices as we expand our Application Development, Delivery Leadership, Digital Experience, Data & Analytics, and Cloud & Operations practices. The existing AIM team is made up of explorers of knowledge, innovators through actions, and engineers focused on people above all else. We are all passionate about helping companies launch their most ambitious initiatives and looking for a leader that will pave the road for continued growth.
This role will focus initially on our offices in Minneapolis and Chicago but will grow as expansion opportunities present themselves over the years. Consistent travel between offices is necessary.
Success in this role will require a hands-on leader who has significant experience building consulting teams and organizations and is passionate about innovative, technology-centric, client solutions. You will be managing experienced Directors & Principals (and their teams) in each of our practices and helping them achieve their growth and career objectives. AIM’s client base primarily encompasses enterprise organizations so proven experience developing a strong brand within and navigating large organization’s politics, expectations, procurement, and other intricacies will be critical.
Above all else, this role will be responsible for maintaining AIM’s very high bar of delivery quality. Oversight of delivery, adherence to frameworks, and consistent deep dives into performance will be required.
This role will partner with AIM’s Central Region back office, sales, marketing, and recruiting organizations for success.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Delivery: Be jointly accountable for the successful delivery of all client work alongside consulting leaders. Establish a high bar with practice leaders on delivery expectations and be ready to play a role directly in ensuring AIM’s successful delivery on all of our commitments. Ensure consistent and constant maturity in delivery best practices.
- Sales: Expand AIM’s relationships with key organizations in each market. Work with your Practice Leaders and partner with AIM Account Executives to identify strategic opportunities within organizations, drive discovery conversations, pitch solutions on how AIM can deliver on these opportunities, and negotiate the terms of contracts.
- Career Management: Directly manage a team of consulting directors/principals. Foster their professional growth, perform quarterly reviews, assist with goal-setting, and provide feedback/coaching as needed. Support directors/principals in performance managing their teams of consultants.
- Thought Leadership: Ensure AIM develops an effective brand as innovators through market relevant offerings and sharing targeted AIM experiences and insights. Build relationships in the local community to share these insights and experiences.
- Organizational Culture: Develop a team of local experts in each of AIM’s core focus areas. Work to recruit, hire, onboard, retain, and provide career leadership for other passionate people. Ensure the culture that you build adheres to AIM’s core values: Choose Positivity, Take Ownership, Relationship Driven, Built Trust, Self-Awareness
- Financial: Own the consulting P&L for Minneapolis/Chicago. Ensure the financial health of your organization through managing re-deployment, chargeability, margin, and ensure appropriate activities given current pipeline and forecast
You are a charismatic, people-centric, and experienced consulting leader with a background in growing organizations, building innovative enterprise class solutions, and mentoring. You have proven experience in defining and delivering high-quality client solutions.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
- Consulting Leadership Experience: 5+ years of experience as a consulting leader growing a consulting organization’s revenue through ownership and evolution of all aspects of relationship development, solution selling, proposal development, contract negotiation, onboarding, and delivery of client work.
- Managerial Experience: 10+ years of experience managing people, including: recruiting, onboarding, mentoring, and retaining engineers, data scientists, analysts, delivery leaders, and others.
- Sales / Revenue Generation: Proven ability to sell an grow business within a consulting organization.
- Broad Technology Depth: Clear understanding of the value proposition, high level architecture / technical understanding, and delivery intricacies for AIM’s core practice offerings.
- Community Presence: Must have built a local network of relationships within the central region at clients and within the consulting community. Passionate about maintaining this network.
- Executive Presence: Experience delivering clear communications / presentations to executive audiences and real-life experience managing conflicts, negotiating contracts, and providing clear messages to team members.
- The salary range for this position is $220,000-$250,000 annually
We are a diverse group of individuals. No two people, ideologies, or thoughts are the same. Our different experiences and perspectives are our strengths. We are passionate about seeing each other succeed and live & breathe our company values; we choose positivity, we take ownership, we are relationship-driven, we build trust, and we are self-aware. We work hard to come through for our clients, and also for one another. We are many unique people, with the same common goal in mind – to connect, inspire and empower our customers by leveraging an amazing workforce to help solve business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations. Simply put, we are more than a company; we are our client’s trusted advisors.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.