We are REAL people inspired by each other. Community, passion for technology, and hunger for knowledge bring us together and drive our team forward.
When we say we are customer-centric and built on relationships, we mean it.
AIM Consulting is an award-winning industry leader in technology consulting and solutions delivery. AIM’s differentiation is our collaborative engagement model that provides cross-functional results. We work with clients, shoulder to shoulder, for one goal – their success. Founded in 2006, with offices in Seattle, Minneapolis, Denver, Houston, and Chicago, we are ranked among the fastest-growing private companies and best companies to work for due to a long track record of success with our partners and consultants.
AIM connects, inspires, and empowers our customers by leveraging our world-class team of consultants to help solve their critical business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations.
Our Motto: Teamwork. Attitude. Discipline.
We are looking to bring on a skilled Lead Data Architect to our Seattle Data and Analytics practice. The Architect will put the client’s needs front and center and will be versatile in juggling priorities. For example, the Architect will be able to perform as a solution and platform architect. There may be times where this role will need to step in and lead as a Data Engineer or Data Analyst for purposes of driving solution roadmaps and strategy. Primarily, the Architect will work closely with our clients to help them navigate through their data strategy journey. The Architect will have a strong command of solution design and implementations across the Lambda Architecture that are transferable across cloud platforms. An important part of this role will be to bring transformation to inefficient and/or ambiguous data ecosystems and turn them into high value business impactful assets, that are secure, trustworthy, and reliable.
Day-to-day you will:
- Bring thought leadership to data platform, reporting, and analytical solution approaches while working closely with clients to align solutioning strategy with desired business outcomes.
- Provide architecture blueprints and solution designs and communicate value to all levels of stakeholders: from executive levels to technical engineering stakeholders.
- Develop data solutions that target specific components of the Lambda Architecture as well as end-to-end solutions: Ingestion, storage, hot/cold path processing, ETL/ELT processing, analytics solutions (dimensional modeling to statistical/ML), to reporting and visualizations.
- Provide training and knowledge share on subject matter expertise of data technologies and end to end solutions to peers and to client resources as well.
- Lead projects and engineering teams through data & analytics solution initiatives and delivery.
- Provide strategic direction on platform development best practices around, architecture, CI/CD, development lifecycle, source code management and DevOps
- Generalizing solutions for repurposing and reuse for the practice to leverage for other clients – GIT, Playbooks, delivery templates, etc.
- Contributing to strategy and growth of the Data & Analytics practice
- Conducting interviews and being part of the hiring process
- Stay current with industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 8+ years of experience in analytics storage and processing technologies that cover: Business Intelligence technologies such as Power BI, Tableau, MPP data processing technologies such as Synapse, BigQuery, Snowflake and supporting concepts including OLAP, analytics, data mining, benchmarking, lambda architecture, noSQL, and predictive analytics preferred
- 5+ years of in-depth hands-on experience in one or more of the following cloud platforms: Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of scripting languages to write complex, highly-optimized queries across large volumes of data: SQL, Spark, Python
- Experience implementing big data and cloud data platform solutions
- Strong data literacy and proficiency working with a variety of data formats (Parquet, CSV, text, JSON, XML) and structures (relational, tabular, dimensional, columnar)
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code technologies and approaches
- Certification in one or more of the Cloud Platforms (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform) preferred
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.