We are REAL people inspired by each other. Community, passion for technology, and hunger for knowledge bring us together and drive our team forward.
When we say we are customer-centric and built on relationships, we mean it.
At AIM Consulting, we do what we say we will do, work hard to build trust, and show respect in our colleague and client partnerships. Our community is one with passion for technology, hunger for knowledge and team-centricity in our approach. We believe in creating value for our clients by partnering with them to achieve their strategic objectives with teams that best fit their needs.
Our Application Development team consists of experienced technologists who approach software engineering pragmatically, with a focus on making the difference and providing a superb customer service. We build high-quality, cloud-first, multi-tier custom applications, help clients modernize their existing systems, and mature their quality engineering processes/tools and development methodologies.
Lead Consultants are responsible for the successful delivery of engagements with AIM’s clients by developing solutions for complex software engineering needs, pushing through difficult technical and delivery problems, and driving new processes and software adoption. Lead consultants also play a role in our AIM community through career advocacy, thought leadership and by helping us grow our teams and community.
Roles and Responsibilities
- You will be expected to develop high performance cloud-first software with focus on quality
- You are required to create and review system designs and architectures and define software development standards and guidelines
- You will be participating in code reviews and will be signing-off on technical solutions
- You will be required to troubleshoot, debug, and evaluate application and infrastructure code
- You will lead project delivery teams and assess and report on delivery risks
- You will have an opportunity to assist in engagement pre-sales activities by creating project proposals, estimating project deliverables, resources and timelines and help build project teams
- You will share and create perspectives on implementing modern technology solutions and processes and will periodically share technology insights by writing thought leadership content (e.g., blog posts, case studies)
- You have 8+ years of software development experience in mature environments
- If you are a back-end focused engineer you have experience with one or more of the following languages: Java, .NET, Node.js
- You have 3+ years of experience developing cloud systems (AWS or Azure)
- You are knowledgeable about modern software architectures (e.g., microservices, serverless)
- You are deeply familiar with multiple agile methodology process wrappers (e.g., scrum, Kanban)
- You have prior team leadership, management, or consulting leadership experience
What it is like to work for AIM
We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to being an industry leader in technology consulting services. We lead by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by enabling access to training, encouraging personal development, and by providing mentorship. All our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed. We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting.
We are a diverse group of individuals. No two people, ideologies, or thoughts are the same. Our different experiences and perspectives are our strengths. We are passionate about seeing each other succeed and live & breathe our company values; we choose positivity, we take ownership, we are relationship driven, we build trust, and we are self-aware. We work hard to come through for our clients, and also for one another. We are many unique people, with the same common goal in mind – to connect, inspire and empower our customers by leveraging an amazing workforce to help solve business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations. Simply put, we are more than a company; we are our client’s trusted advisors.
ABOUT AIM CONSULTING
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.