AIM Consultants help our clients strategize, design, build and operate data and analytical platforms through our high-performance teams of data engineers, architects, data scientists and analytical leaders. We shape the future of what data-driven organizations look like by driving processes for extracting and using data in a creative way while creating new lines of thinking with our clients under diverse situations.
AIM Consulting is seeking a Director to help foster growth of a robust portfolio of Clients in the Minneapolis Office. This individual must be a Big Data, Analytics and Data Science Influencer who is passionate about data solutions and managing a consulting practice of high performing technologists. This Director must enjoy working with Enterprise accounts using your world-class communication, expert technical aptitude and continuously display an attitude that chooses positivity. This person would also have a proven track record of leading by example, being a natural mentor to those around you and have expert ability to create and sustain long-termed professional relationships.
This Director will be responsible for growing and evolving our Data & Analytics practice and play a chief role in defining and evangelizing our data engineering, data science and analytics capabilities to our customers and consultants who have a stateside and national presence.
Day-to-day, you will:
Practice Development/Management: Responsible for entire AIM Consulting Data and Analytics practice;
Practice Building – Manage and create strategy growth plans of the practice through a combination of business development, talent management, ownership of delivery production and thought leadership
- Provide strong business-process-specific knowledge and apply this to a data and analytics solution design to help clients establish a broader data and analytics strategy.
Bench and Individual Development – Be a natural mentor to all Practice Consultant promoting an environment of continuous professional development
Business Development – Lead Practice Business Development activities working with recruiters, practice directors and AIM Consultant’s leadership team
Thought Leadership: Share ideas about the advancement of technology with internal and external communities by speaking at industry leading conferences, performing TED Talks, hosting meet-ups and collaborating brain-storming sessions
- Work with the other practices at AIM to design and deliver holistic business problem solving solutions to our clients
- Manage the overall Client relationships and represent AIM in client steering and leadership alignment meetings.
- Develop and maintain executive relationships within your portfolio of clients to represent AIM as a trusted advisor specific to sector, industry trends, data and analytics design best practices, thought leadership, and other areas of interest as a strategic partner.
- Guide Data and Analytics consultants through all phases of delivery including requirements elicitation, solution architecture, and driving an effective development team
- Deliver projects to contractual expectations with a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Use an analytical approach to design, develop and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms that lead to optimal value extraction from the data
- Understand the use of exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets to produce innovative solutions for clients
- Create and present proposals and establish Statements of Work for Client engagements
You have a strong background in consulting with an entrepreneurial spirit to play a key role in the growth and development of the office. You are an expertly skilled leader and communicator in the Data and Analytics industry with a variety of experience in Data Architectures, Strategy, Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Science and Data Governance. You should be passionate about tools, research, leadership and staying current on emerging technologies through continued education and significant community participation. You should value interacting and communicating with Enterprise clients, mentoring other consultants and acting as a thought leader within the Data and Analytics industry. Most importantly, you are excited about building teams and successfully delivering for your clients.
Your knowledge and skillset likely include the following:
Practice Development – Minimum 3 years of experience developing a Practice at a Consultancy with Enterprise accounts
Consulting Experience – 10+ years of overall experience as a consultant in Analytics, Data Architecture & Engineering, Business Intelligence, Solution & Enterprise Architecture and Data Governance
- 5+ years of overall analytics leadership experience in Data Strategy, Data Architecture & Engineering Patterns, Data Science & ML Methodologies, Analytics/BI Program Management and Data Governance
- 5+ years of leadership experience working with emerging Data Engineering technologies such as (SQL, Spark, Kafka, Graph, Kubernetes/Docker, MLOps, DataOps etc.)
- 5+ years of leadership experience working with emerging Data Science technologies such as (ML, AR/VR, IoT, Deep Learning, Python/R, Automation, etc)
- Enterprise leadership and architecture experience with moving from traditional to emerging cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience and leadership with BI Analytics platforms (Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, etc.) and warehousing solutions to facilitated self-service analytic capabilities
Project Portfolio – Minimum 10+ years of experience owning/leading projects that are Big Data/Analytics/Data Science using modern approaches on Data Platforms
Technical Community Presence – Must have built a local network of technical clients engaging in a sales lifecycle (Opportunity Qualification -> Proposal -> Closing -> Onboarding)
Professional Mentor – Experience mentoring technical consultants and/or managing a team of 10+ individuals within past 2 years
Knowledge Sharing – Experience developing presentations and delivering them to large audiences on topics related to Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Architecture and/or Big Data
What it is like to work for AIM: We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to being an industry leader in technology consulting services. We lead by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by enabling access to training, encouraging personal development, and by providing mentorship. All of our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed. We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting.
We are a diverse group of individuals: no two people, ideologies, or thoughts are the same. Our different experiences and perspectives are our strengths. We are passionate about seeing each other succeed and live & breathe our company values; we choose positivity, we take ownership, we are relationship driven, we build trust, and we are self-aware. We work hard to come through for our clients, and also for one another. We are many unique people, with the same common goal in mind – to connect, inspire and empower our customers by leveraging an amazing workforce to help solve business challenges, drive innovation and produce results that exceed expectations. Simply put, we are more than a company; we are our client’s trusted advisors.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.