We are a focused, energetic group of people working together with passion, enthusiasm, and commitment to being an industry leader in technology consulting services.
We lead by developing and maintaining long-term relationships with our consultants and clients. We invest in our employees, fostering career growth by enabling access to training, encouraging personal development, and by providing mentorship. All our employees are encouraged to be creative and are driven to succeed.
We value honest communication, reward performance, and produce high quality results and happy clients. Our days are competitive, fast, fun, and exciting. In addition to an annual salary, all of our full-time positions at AIM Consulting include the following: Lucrative Bonus Potential with YoY growth, Medical, Dental and Vision insurance (spousal and dependent coverage), 401k with company matching, paid certifications, disability insurance, commuter benefits, paid time off and sick days, paid maternity and paternity leave, and wellness programs.
The Director of Business Development role is a vital leadership position in the Houston office. As the Director of Business Development, you will lead a dynamic sales team and help AIM meet and exceed our growth goals. Reporting to the Regional Vice President, you will be responsible for hiring, developing and leading a high-performing team of business development professionals to meet and exceed sales goals. This is an exciting opportunity to unequivocally influence AIM Consulting’s overall success and growth.
- Initiate relationships with C-level and senior executives at net-new accounts while learning and discussing their business strategies and priorities; identify opportunities and manage sales motions to closure
- Lead strategic account planning as an executive owner
- Coordinate relationship building activities with relevant internal and external partners, client engagement team and marketing resources to ensure growth and development within the portfolio of assigned accounts (Consulting, Sales, Recruiting, and Operations)
- Collaborate on “strategy to win” – assist with proposal development, focusing on the solution, value proposition, key differentiators, and win themes
- Up-level AE thought, conversation, and talk tracks to align with solutions and consultative communication and client education
- Manage the business opportunities at assigned accounts to help ensure AIM is positioned to capitalize on opportunities by providing high quality services
- Provide feedback from field experience to internal teams and sales colleagues regarding sales, enablement, competitive landscape, and related matters
- Ensure sales plan/account focuses align with and support the Houston revenue goals
- Drive, manage, and execute the weekly/quarterly efforts and revenue of sales team
- Analyze market dynamics to maximize existing successes and to create new sales growth opportunities
- Hold team accountable to KPIs/PBCs/metrics to measure team performance
- Experience in the technology consulting services industry
- Proven track record of driving professional services sales in a prospecting intensive market/lifecycle
- Tactics to motivate, inspire, influence, and drive accountability of a sales team
- Ability to demonstrate exceptional interpersonal skills that have resulted in business transactions based on trust, confidence, and results
- Demonstrated success in identifying, initiating, and nurturing new opportunities and ability to leverage Customer Relationship Management tools to manage the entire sales lifecycle
- Ability to be a highly collaborative, coachable team player
- Ability to simplify complex ideas for others
- Strong Decision Making and Problem-Solving Skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication and Presentation Skills
- Great negotiation skills and communications skills
- Experience managing a team of 5-10 business development professionals of varying skill levels
- Fosters a successful and positive team environment
- Shares AIM’s key values of attitude, teamwork & discipline and works in accordance with those values
Nice to Have:
- Houston-specific industry alignment in Energy/Oil & Gas, Healthcare, and/or Manufacturing.
At AIM Consulting, we value people from all walks of life. We understand not everyone will meet all the above qualifications on day one, and that’s okay. We are heavily invested in further education and training, and we are committed to building a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace where you can show up as your true self. If you’re passionate about technology, but your previous experience doesn’t perfectly align with every qualification listed, we still encourage you to apply.
We are a diverse group of individuals. No two people, ideologies, or thoughts are the same. Our different experiences and perspectives are our strengths. We are passionate about seeing each other succeed and live & breathe our company values; we choose positivity, we take ownership, we are relationship driven, we build trust, and we are self-aware. We work hard to come through for our clients, and also for one another. We are many unique people, with the same common goal in mind – to connect, inspire and empower our customers by leveraging an amazing workforce to help solve business challenges, drive innovation, and produce results that exceed expectations. Simply put, we are more than a company; we are our client’s trusted advisors.
AIM Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer. AIM Consulting provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. AIM Consulting complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. Reasonable accommodation is available for qualified individuals with disabilities, upon request.